Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Back to the Blogging...

God I hope so at least. I seem to be having trouble with my focus issue I discussed earlier this year in terms of covering DVDs, movies, and so forth more consistently. The upshot is that I've recently attained a new focus. The downside is said focus has been towards my two jobs, my day job at a chaos-driven production company and my night job at Gaming Trend. Between the two I'd choose the second one to work full-time for, but until the site is in a position to actually pay for contributors I'll be working for cheap.

But I wanted to give a shout-out to all the lonely hearts out there on Valentine's Day and say that you're really missing out on having that special someone if you don't have a person in your life like My Fair Lady. She is unabashedly sentimental and comes complete with a perfect memory, which makes keeping up with her something of a challenge. Sometimes though she comes through and stuns the hell out of me with a gift from the heart that makes me kick myself because I didn't even remember that I wanted it.

Her present to me tonight was the box set of Back to the Future which she originally bought for me when it came out in 2002, unbeknownst to me. Funny enough, about a day after she bought it I found out about the infamous framing issue and mentioned that I was pissed that I'd have to wait until Universal got off their butt and fixed it. In hindsight, I really should have read her face better but if I'm not actively thinking about something or looking for it, then odds are I won't see it.

Ever.

So we're in Best Buy the other day and I casually mention that they had finally fixed the framing issue, then I put it out of my mind. That set was always on my list of things I'd wanted to own forever but never thought of when I was in the store. Lo and behold she surprises me with it tonight so I wanted to tell her from as close to a mountain top as I can get that I unequivocally love her and am crazy about her.

Have a happy Valentine's Day to one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home